Sunday 6 September 2009

Suspension woes....

So it all started when I decided it was going to be cheaper to sort out the rear suspension of the gt6 then to replace my teeth every 6 months.

Having asked some questions on the club triumph forum the spax dampers seemed to be the most likely candidates for the stiff ride. I removed them and sure enough everything else seems to be moving nicely, nothing seized.

The next step was to try and adjust the spax to the softest setting. One adjustment knob moved after a few hours of persuasion, the other broke eventually. So two new Gaz dampers were ordered.

Rimmers assured me that they were the correct ones for rotoflex cars fitted with the telescopic conversion. I has since turned out that I have been sent the part for a mk1 non rotoflex car which does not have the required open and closed lengths. Basically they are too long and will feel like the damper is bottomed out most of the time, interestingly much like it did when I started. Further reading has implied that I need a shock that is 12" fully open and 8.5" fully closed.

Speaking again to Rimmers they have agreed that I have been sent the wrong part and are looking into what the correct part is and if they even have one.

No comments: