Wednesday 16 July 2008

Day 1 on the BIG adventure

Day 1 of our road trip to Italy!

Woke up early at my parents in Kent, there were still a couple of things I wanted to have a look at before we got going. Got the car up on the ramps and found that there was still oil in the differential. Good News! That had been playing on my mind.

The next task was to look into why the speedo was not working. I thought this could be quite useful on the trip. It appeared that 3 out of 4 of the magnets I had glued onto the propshaft had fallen off. Rummeging through an old tool box I found one of those magnets you screw to window frames for the alarm system. Ripping the plastic box of the outside of it revealed a nice looking magnet. Last time I used epoxy which didn't seem to work so this time I used super glue and whist that was setting I went and had breakfast.

Next stage was the euro-tunnel which went well. The car has been playing up when starting recently and I was nervous it was going to refuse in the train. Luckly the old girl came through for me and we disembarked in France ready and raring!

No comments: